Sunday, May 08, 2005

Dolly Pardon...

We've officially made it to Portland, and I couldn't be happier....mostly because I'm now out of that cursed doll's reach. (No offense to Ellen's grandmother, who we've just learned tailored the dress that I trashed in my last drunken post.)

After Jon forced me into the Doll's Lair last night, I sat on the edge of the bed staring at it, trying to convince myself that it was just a doll. (I mean--yes, it is just a doll. But still....) Anyway, after a few minutes, I turned the light off and let the darkness surround me...except I could see the doll's silhouette. So about two seconds later, I turned the light back on and placed a decorative pillow over her. I had somehow convinced that if it moved, then at least I'd hear the pillow fall to the ground and I'd have time to escape. As I type this entry, I realize that was probably not the smartest plan--but it seemed like a really good idea at the time.

This morning, when I woke up and, of course, the doll hadn't moved. Neither did the pillow, thankfully. While I was showering, I remembered that I hadn't removed the pillow--and I was afraid that these nice people who opened their home to me were going to walk into the room and see what I had done. Luckily, I returned to the room before they saw it.

Of course, they're now reading the blog, so they know the full scope of my insanity now anyway. So, here's a special message to Ellen & Art: HI! And thanks! And sorry! And thanks again!

Ellen and Art were kind enough to drive Jon and I around Seattle this afternoon after treating us to brunch. (Which makes me feel doubly guilty about hating that doll--but I can't help it!)

Then Jon and I drove the few hours to Portland, OR, where we checked in to our hotel.

It's an old elementary school that has been converted into a hotel--and it's simply incredible. We'll post some photos later, but rest assured our room has a chalk board in it. Oh, and I love everyone who works there. Even though they have all their fingers. . .

Now I have to go fight Jon for Nate--the hot guy at the front desk/principal's office.

okbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home